A revolutionary way to control very high
pressure drop fluid flow. A high capacity,
high recovery control valve able to
withstand continuous choked-flow conditions
throughout its control range. The unique,
least disruptive, axis-symmetrical annular
flow path directs high velocity, vaporized
fluid away from fluid boundaries throughout
the entire range of control.
- Hydrocarbon refining systems
requiring high pressure/high
differential precision pressure
- Injection pump pressure control
- Backpressure regulation for pump
- Boiler feed water injection flow
- Natural gas production flow
control when fluid is contaminated
with water and erosive solids
- Any fluid control application
where cavitation damage to control
valves has been observed
How A Severe Service Control Valve Works
- The valve Stem rotates by a
multi-turn electric actuator in
response to control signal.
- The pinion gear on the Stem
engages teeth on the Sleeve arranged
on a helical path.
- The Power Threads on the sleeve
have the same pitch as the helix of
the Sleeve teeth, causing it to
translate as it rotates.
- The Plug is fixed to the intake
hub of the valve body, with the
contoured center portion suspended
in the center by vanes on the
- Fluid flow is modulated as the
distance between the Seat and Plug
- Multi-turn valve stem for
precise control with low torque
- Complies with API 6A or ASME
B16.34 for materials and
- Triple-sealed to contain process
fluid up to 450F.
- Ultralube™ coated flow path and
- Nitrocarburized 17-4PH stainless
steel trim components.
- Tungsten carbide or 440C Seat,
TC Plug optional.
- End configurations to suit wide
variety of applications.
- Rotary-to-linear internal
actuation employing the helical
bevel gear drive system
patents 9,103,421 and 9,404,561.
International Pub. No. WO
Product Fact Sheet